понедельник, 25 октября 2010 г.

Chevrolet"Like A Rock" From The Mid-90s

Chevrolet's"Like a Rock"advertising campaign began in 1991 and lasted until 2004. Featuring the musical talent ofBob Seger, the whole campaign was excellent and a little ridiculous for what they fit in a 30 second advertisement.

Chevrolet"Like A Rock" From The Mid-90s

I'm not sure what makes me enjoy these ads so much. It could be the ridiculous amount of emotion and Americana jammed into a commercial. It could be the awesome scenarios that would almost never occur outside of a Chevy truck commercial. It could be it's because I remember watching and loving these ads when I was younger.

Watching this particular mid 1990s example leaves you with more questions than answers. Among them I wonder why they couldn't have waited until the crane got a little lower to drop that heavy load of stuff. What happened to that smiling man's left eye; is he going to be okay? How is hanging out alone on the hood of your dually working out for that guy? Did he have to sell his home and family to pay for gas?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions, but I can tell you one thing, I want to know. It is unbelievable how entertaining 30 seconds of advertising can be. How can you not watch this and not long for a time when a truck advertisement meant you were going to senselessly abuse your product at every given opportunity.

Chevrolet"Like A Rock" From The Mid-90s


Source

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий